More than 15,000 people joined us for Nature Fest on April 29 and it was certainly a wild adventure.
Nature Fest was headlined by Animal Planet’s Jeff Corwin, one of the country’s most recognizable wildlife biologists and nature conversations. With a record 24 food trucks serving as the backdrop, Corwin and performance acts, including Crocodile Encounter, Birds of Prey and Drum Café, kept the crowd entertained throughout the festival.
Admission to Nature Fest and its stage performances was free of charge, while the proceeds from the paid attractions were donated to Cy-Hope, a local organization dedicated to bringing hope and opportunity to every child in the Cy-Fair area. The total raised was $8,500 for this well-deserving charity.
Another Nature Fest has come and gone, but we know that next year’s event will offer more exciting family fun. The 11th Annual Nature Fest will be held on April 28, 2018.
- Nature Fest Title Sponsor – Charles E. Dyer IV DDS, MS, PC
- Nature Fest T-shirt Sponsor – Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
- Stage Sponsor – Schwartz, Page and Harding, LLP / True Companion Vet Care
- Photo Op Sponsor – The Flory Team –
- Adventure Sponsor – FirstSouthwest / The Lippincott Team / Brown and Gay Engineers
- Wilderness Sponsor – The Goddard School / LJA Engineering, Inc. / Spencer Co.
- Bridgeland Bill’s Birthday Sponsor – H-E-B
- Crocodile Encounter Sponsor – Minnie Worthy – Better Homes and Garden Gary Greene
- Duck Races Sponsor – RE/MAX Grand – The Franklin Team / Clark Condon / Xfinity
- Petting Zoo Sponsor – VillaSport / Xfinity / Raba Kistner, Inc.
- Rock Wall Sponsor – VillaSport
- Trackless Train Sponsor –VillaSport
- Laser Tag Sponsor – R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc.
- Face Painting Sponsor – David Weekley Homes
- Paddle Boat Sponsor – Severn Trent / Westin Homes / Landology
- Kayaking Demonstration Sponsor – ACK
- Armadillo Race Sponsor – Costello
- EMS Sponsor – First Choice ER and City Ambulance
- Waste and Recycling Sponsor – Republic Services
- Balloon Artist Sponsor – The Seedlings
- Goodie Bag Sponsor – Allstate – Andrea Shotwell
- Goodie Bag Stash Sponsor – Municipal Accounts & Consulting / Perry Homes
- Charles E Dyer, DDS, MS
- The Flory Team – RE/MAX Professional Group
- Greater Houston Area Greenwing Chapter -Ducks Unlimited
- Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
- The Lippincott Team -Better Homes and Garden Gary Greene
- First Choice ER and City Ambulance
- Charley’s Honey
- True Companion Vet Care
- Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary
- Allstate-Andrea Shotwell
- Ready to Grow Gardens
- Ranch Critters
- Girl Scout Troop 15293
- Cypress Creek Flood Control Coalition
- Fresh Pickings Farmers Market
- Lakeland Village Center Tenants
- Bridgeland Community Groups
- CyFit Running Club
2017 Food Trucks
- Reigns Food Truck
- Bowl’d Up
- Foreign Policy
- The Burger Joint
- The Waffle Bus
- Bahama Bucks
- Cousin’s Maine Lobster
- Old West Soda Co.
- Papa John’s
- Wokker Texas Ranger
- KAOW Kajun Asian on Wheels
- Kona Ice
- Mingo’s Latin Kitchen
- Skye Cafe
- Savor the Bites
- Dulce Things
- Butts Food Truck
- Nom Mi Street
- Jamaica Pon Di Road
- DLish Curbside
- Volcano Splash Houston
- Fun Foods Express
2017 Stage Schedule
10:00 am – Crocodile Encounter
10:30 am – Jeff Corwin
11:00 am – Birds of Prey
11:30 am – Wild Things Zoofari
12:00 pm – Crocodile Encounter
12:30 pm – Jeff Corwin
1:00 pm – Bridgeland Bill’s Birthday Extravaganza
1:30 pm – Birds of Prey
2:00 pm – Drum Cafe
2:40 pm – Crocodile Encounter
3:30 pm – Jeff Corwin
4:10 pm – Birds of Prey
Great American Duck Race Race Schedule
2017 Entertainment & Activities
- Stage performances from:
- Birds of Prey
- Crocodile Encounter
- Drum Cafe
- Wild Things Zoofari
- Roaming street performers
- Kids’ Inflatable Zone
- Arts and crafts area
- Exotic petting zoo
- Pony rides
- Photo-op area
- Kayaking demonstrations
- Caravan of food trucks
- Outdoor laser tag
- Trackless train rides
- Nature exhibitor area
- Face painters
- Balloon artist
Admission, stage performances and many activities are free of charge, while some will require a small fee to participate. All proceeds will be donated to Cy-Hope, an amazing local organization whose goal is to bring hope and opportunity to every child in the Cy-Fair area.
Basic Information: Nature Fest 2017 is open to the public. While admission is free, food and beverages will be sold by a variety of concessionaires. Please help us keep the park and surrounding area clean by disposing of trash in the provided waste baskets and recycling bins. Though most activities are free, some may require a small donation for participation. Local law enforcement is responsible for implementing all applicable state laws and local ordinances during Nature Fest events. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from event staff or law enforcement officers if assistance is needed.
Prohibited Items: No weapons, coolers, alcohol, illegal substances or ATVs will be permitted. Anyone found with the above items or conducting lewd behavior will be escorted out of the festival by law enforcement agents.
Cash and Credit Cards: Please remember that some of our vendors may not be set up to accept credit cards. All vendors will be able to accept cash. An ATM will be on-site for public use.
Parking and Transportation: Parking will be permitted at Cy-Ranch High School and shuttle service will be provided to and from the festival entrance. Shuttle service will run for at least 30-minutes after the conclusion of the event. Shuttle stops will be provided inside the community for Bridgeland residents. Handicap parking will be available near the front entrance of the park. No parking will be allowed on House Hahl Road. This is a narrow two-lane road, and parking is prohibited. Towing will be enforced in unauthorized areas.
First Aid: First aid and emergency care will be on site. If assistance is needed, please notify a staff member or law enforcement agent. If one cannot be found, call 281-304-5588, give your location and assistance will be dispatched to you.