One Wild Adventure
10th Annual Nature Fest
April 29, 2017
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bridgeland’s Oak Meadow Park
Despite threats of wild weather, 12,000 attendees filled Oak Meadow Park at Bridgeland on Saturday, April 30 for Nature Fest. Back for its ninth year, the event brings attention to the award-winning master planned community’s commitment to the environment and ecosystem. Grant Kemmerer, this year’s headlining performer, entertained three jam-packed audiences with a number of exotic companions, including a spotted leopard, an eagle owl and an alligator.
Thousands of guests purchased tickets for pony rides, arts-and-crafts and an on-site petting zoo, helping raise nearly $7,000 for Habitat for Humanity NWHC, an area non-profit organization that builds affordable housing for families in need throughout Harris County. Since its inception, Nature Fest has enabled Bridgeland to donate more than $40,000 to local non-profits.
“We’re thrilled that this year’s Nature Fest was another success,” said Peter Houghton, Vice President of Master Planned Communities for Bridgeland. “Welcoming and offering the general public a day of fun in Bridgeland is something we truly enjoy doing, especially when we’re also able to raise money to put back into the community at the same time.”
Guests enjoyed concessions from 18 local food trucks, roaming entertainers, educational reptile shows, unique goods from nature vendors and a kids’ zone that featured armadillo races, paddle boat rides, outdoor laser tag, an inflatable zone, a rock wall and a trackless train.
Join us for the 10th annual Nature Fest on Saturday, April 29, 2017!
- Nature Fest Title Sponsor – Charles E. Dyer IV DDS, MS, PC
- Adventure Sponsors – Brown and Gay, Houston Swim Club, Memorial Hermann Cypress, Schwartz, Page & Harding, L.L.P., The Lippincott Team
- Wilderness Sponsors – LJA Engineers, Inc., The Goddard School Cypress
- Crocodile Encounter Sponsor – Raba Kistner
- Austin Bike Zoo Sponsor – Avanti Senior Living
- Laser Tag Sponsor – R.G. Miller
- Armadillo Race Sponsor – Costello
- Photo-op Sponsor – Flory Team
- Pony Ride Sponsor – Grindel Consulting Co.
- Petting Zoo Sponsor – Clark Condon Associates, Ninyo and More
- Rock Wall Sponsor – VCC
- Arts and Crafts Sponsor – Delta West
- Bridgeland Bill’s Birthday Sponsor – Tuckerton Market H-E-B
- Face Painting Sponsor – Perry Homes, Creed Orthodontics , Terracon
- Balloon Artist Sponsor – PCMI, Allgreen Associates
- Goodie Bag Sponsor – Allstate
- Goodie Bag Stash Sponsor – State Farm-Erin Garbarino, Riverstone Church
- Paddle Boat Sponsor – Westin Homes, Landology
- Realtor VIP Tent – Beazer Homes, Coventry Homes, Darling Homes, David Weekley Homes, Westin Homes, Village Builders
- EMS Sponsor – First Choice Emergency Room and City Ambulance
- Waste Collection Sponsor – Republic Services
Allstate: Shotwell Insurance Group
Bridgeland Community Groups – Photography Club, USA Fit
TLC Treasures / Charley’s Local Honey
2016 Food Trucks
All Ears Roasted Corn
2016 Stage Schedule
10:00 am – Smith Middle School Band
10:30 am – Texas Stars Youth Choir
11:00 am – Grant Kemmerer Presents Wild World of Animals
(Southeast of Main Stage)
11:45 am – Crocodile Encounter
12:30 pm – Birds of Prey
1:00 pm – Bridgeland Bill’s Birthday Extravaganza
2:00 pm – Grant Kemmerer Presents Wild World of Animals
(Southeast of Main Stage)
2:30 pm – Crocodile Encounter
3:15 pm – Birds of Prey
4:00 pm – Grant Kemmerer Presents Wild World of Animals
(Southeast of Main Stage)
2016 Entertainment & Activities
- Roaming street performers
- Kids’ Inflatable Zone
- Stage performances
- Arts and crafts area
- Exotic petting zoo
- Pony rides
- Fly fishing demonstration
- Kayak demonstration
- Caravan of food trucks
- Variety of animal performances
- Outdoor laser tag
- Trackless train rides
- Nature exhibitor area
- Face painters
- Balloon artist
Basic Information: Nature Fest 2016 is open to the public. While admission is free, food and beverages will be sold by a variety of concessionaires. Please help us keep the park and surrounding area clean by disposing of trash in the provided waste baskets and recycling bins. Though most activities are free, some may require a small donation for participation. Local law enforcement is responsible for implementing all applicable state laws and local ordinances during Nature Fest events. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from event staff or law enforcement officers if assistance is needed.
Prohibited Items: No weapons, coolers, alcohol, illegal substances or ATVs will be permitted. Anyone found with the above items or conducting lewd behavior will be escorted out of the festival by law enforcement agents.
Cash and Credit Cards: Please remember that some of our vendors may not be set up to accept credit cards. All vendors will be able to accept cash. An ATM will be on-site for public use.
Parking and Transportation: Parking will be permitted at Cy-Ranch High School and shuttle service will be provided to and from the festival entrance. Shuttle service will run for at least 30-minutes after the conclusion of the event. Shuttle stops will be provided inside the community for Bridgeland residents. Handicap parking will be available near the front entrance of the park. No parking will be allowed on House Hahl Road. This is a narrow two-lane road, and parking is prohibited. Towing will be enforced in unauthorized areas.
First Aid: First aid and emergency care will be on site. If assistance is needed, please notify a staff member or law enforcement agent. If one cannot be found, call 281-304-5588, give your location and assistance will be dispatched to you.